I. Education objective
The education object of this discipline are foreigners or overseas Chinese whose mother languages are not Chinese and who have senior high school degree or above. The aim is to cultivate internationalized application-oriented engineering talents who have a good comprehensive quality and can meet the needs of the modern international society, are familiar with basic Chinese humanities knowledge and China’s national conditions and Chinese social culture, meet the needs of modern optoelectronics and information technology and economic development, and have a solid theoretical foundation and skilled practical skills, with the ability to solve engineering problems using theories and techniques of optoelectronic information science, and can engage in scientific research, production design, technical services, and management in the fields of optical technology, optoelectronic technology, and information technology.
II. Education standard
(I) Basic quality requirements
1. Study hard with rigorous attitude of scholarship. Have good thought morality, social morality and professional ethnics.
2. Have good humanistic accomplishment, strong modern consciousness and high professional quality, and master basic skills and way of thinking necessary for photoelectric information science and engineering.
3. Master basic skills for physical exercise in a scientific way to meet physical education standard stipulated by the state for university students, and have good physical and sound psychological quality.
(II) Knowledge structure requirements
1. Have solid natural science knowledge and good humanities and social sciences knowledge.
2. Master basic communication skills in Chinese language.
3. Master basic knowledge and professional knowledge in the field of optoelectronic information and detection.
4. Understand forefront theory and development trend in the field of optoelectronic information and detection.
5. Understand laws and legislation relevant to in the field of optoelectronic information and detection.
(III) Ability structure requirements
1. Have good self-study habit and ability, good expression and communication skills and strong information technology application ability.
2. Have the ability to comprehensively use the theoretical knowledge and skills, master the basic methods of analyzing and solving problems in the fields of optoelectronic information and detection, and have the ability to engage in research, development and testing in the fields of optoelectronic information and detection.
3. Have strong innovation spirit and creative thinking skills, and certain scientific research capability and practical ability.
4. Master basic methods for literature retrieval and data inquiry.
5. Have good teamwork spirit.
III. Core discipline
IV. Main courses
Chinese, Basis of College Computer, College Mathematics, College Physics, Engineering Graphics, Principle of Optics, Fundational of Photoelectric Information Physics, Optoelectronic Detection Technology, Circuit and Analog Electronic Technology, Digital Electronics Technology, The Theory and Applications of Microcomputer, Circuits and Electronics Technology Experiment, Optical Communication Technology, Image Sensor and Image Processing, Optoelectronic Circuit Design, Fiber & Communication Design, etc.
V. Length of schooling, minimum credits for graduation, degree awarded
Length of schooling: the basic length of schooling is four years. Students can finish course of study within three to six years, the specific task is implemented according to relevant regulations by the school.
Minimum credits for graduation: 130 credit points
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Engineering
VI.Description of credit recognition for examinations taken by students for certificates or grades
The students are encouraged to participate in examinations for certificates or grades in Optoelectronic Information Science and Engineering, discipline contest activities and all kinds of training. The courses and certificates obtained by the students for passing the examinations for certificates or grades as well as contest winning certificates or training can be admitted the credits after reviewed and approved by the college and professional.