I. Education objectives
The education object of this major are foreigners or overseas Chinese whose mother languages are not Chinese and who have senior high school degree or above. It aims to cultivate internationalized advanced application-oriented engineering and technical talents who are adapt to the needs of modern international community, have good comprehensive quality, familiar with basic knowledge of Chinese culture, national conditions, culture, politics, diplomacy, legal system and moral concepts, have certain basic knowledge of natural science,economic management foundation, measurement awareness and application ability, and master the basic theory, expertise and technology of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation and related fields, are able to engage in engineering design, technology development and operation management in Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation and related fields, and have independent opinions and innovation capability.
II. Education standard
1. Be able to apply mathematics, natural science, engineering foundation and professional knowledge to solve complex engineering problems in the field of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation.
2. Be able to apply the basic principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering science to identify, express and analyze the complex engineering problems in the field of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation through literature research, so as to obtain effective conclusions.
3. Be able to design solutions to complex engineering problems in the field of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation, design systems, units (components) or process flows that meet specific needs, embody innovation awareness in the design process, and consider social, health, safety, legal, cultural and environmental factors.
4. Based on scientific principles and scientific methods, the complex engineering problems in the field of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation can be studied, including designing experiments, analyzing and interpreting data, and getting reasonable and effective conclusions through information integration.
5. Be able to develop, select and use appropriate technologies, resources, modern engineering tools and information technology tools for complex engineering problems in the field of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation, including prediction and simulation of complex engineering problems, and understand their limitations.
6. Be able to conduct reasonable analysis based on relevant background knowledge of the project, evaluate the impact of professional engineering practice and complex engineering problem solutions on society, health, safety, law and culture, and understand the responsibilities to be undertaken.
7. Be able to understand and evaluate the impact of professional engineering practice on the environmental and social sustainable development of complex engineering problems in the field of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation.
8. Have the quality of humanities and social sciences, sense of social responsibility, be able to understand and abide by the engineering professional ethics and norms in the engineering practice, and perform the responsibilities.
9. Be able to play the role of individual, team member and leader in a multi-disciplinary team.
10. Be able to effectively communicate and exchange with peers in instrumentation, measurement and testing industry and the public on complex engineering issues in the field of Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation, and have a certain international vision, and be able to communicate and exchange in a cross-cultural context.
11. Understand and master engineering management principles and economic decision-making methods, and can be applied in multi-disciplinary environment.
12. Have the consciousness of self-study and lifelong study, have the ability of continuous study and adaptive development.
III. Core discipline
Instrument Science and Technology
IV. Main courses
Chinese, College Mathematics, Survey of China, Intercultural communication, College Physics, Basis of College Computer, C Language Programming, Engineering Drawing, Engineering Mechanics, Electrotechnics and Analogue Electronics, Electronic Engineering Experiments, Foundations of Machine Design, Digital Electronics, Introduction to Metrology, Error Theory and Data Processing, Signal Analysis and Processing, Principle of Automatic Control, Theory and Application of Microcomputer, Professional Introduction, Sensor Technology, Measurement and Control Circuit, Automatic Measurement and Metrology Technology, Precision Measurement and Metrology Technology, Professional Experiments, etc.
V. Length of schooling, minimum credits for graduation, degree awarded
Length of schooling: the basic length of schooling is four years. Students can finish course of study within three to six years, the specific task is implemented according to relevant regulations by the school.
Minimum credits for graduation: 124 credit points
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Engineering